CARES Act Communication
In response to the health and financial crisis caused by the coronavirus global pandemic, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act has been enacted. The law presents a plan for the government to aid Americans and businesses during these uncertain times.
How the CARES Act Plans to Help Charitable Giving
The legislation recognizes the vulnerability of charitable organizations as well as the importance of many nonprofit efforts in this current environment. Among the charitable giving provisions, it includes a temporary, partial above-the-line charitable deduction for cash gifts (up to $300) in 2020 to encourage gifts by taxpayers who are unable to itemize under current tax law. The legislation also modifies the limitation on qualified charitable gifts of cash to 100% of AGI for itemizers in 2020.
Inform Your Donors
To help you communicate these provisions with your donors, Sharpe Group has created a new brochure, The CARES Act: Good News When We Need It Most, which outlines provisions affecting charitable giving in an easy-to-read format.
This brochure makes an ideal and welcome message to all current and prospective donors, especially in a targeted soft appeal to your gift planning prospects. It can also serve to educate your board, volunteers and staff.
Use our online platform to personalize and order printed brochures targeted to your donors. Choose an accent color and cover image from the provided selections to create a brochure that aligns with your fundraising strategy and fits your organization. Upload your own image and your full-color logo to personalize your brochure.
How to Get Started
- Sign up to obtain a username and password to create your personalized brochure.
- Preview CARES Act brochure content.
- Preview the photo bank or choose an image from your own library. View our guidelines for digital art submission. Select a photo that meets the outlined specifications to ensure the quality of your product.
- Review pricing chart (see below).
- You will need the following items to get started:
- Review the step-by-step instructions for creating and ordering The CARES Act: Good News When We Need It Most informational brochure.
CARES Act Brochure Pricing
Sharpe Group has tools to help you create a multi-tiered year-end fundraising strategy including:
- Gift Planning Newsletters.
- Gift Planning Websites.
- More detailed booklets and brochures about ways to give.
For more information about any of our tools and services, contact us at info@SHARPEnet.com or 901.680.5300.