Now is the Best Time to Encourage IRA Gifts
Fundraisers can now educate donors early in the year about the advantages of giving through their IRAs and continue to communicate those appeals throughout the year. As such, Sharpe Group recommends a multi-faceted strategy that shows donors the benefits of creating a Charitable IRA gift before they have taken their full required minimum distributions for the year.
Sharpe offers several tools to help you create an effective CIRA communications plan for your organization:
- Our digital strategic marketing guide features detailed legal requirements, explores the history of the Charitable IRA provision and examines how to identify the best prospects who might give in this way. Sample marketing copy and an annual calendar are available to help organize your efforts.*
- Educational donor publications can be used in mailings, at special events or on donor visits. These publications include the brochures The Charitable IRA and Questions & Answers About Retirement Plan Giving and booklets such as Giving Through Retirement Plans, Planning for the Future and Charted Giving Plans.*
- Complimentary postcard art and copy are available for immediate download on the Sharpe website.
- Sharpe Group experts can tailor articles for Newsletters and Gift Planning Websites, for those who are newsletter and website clients.
For the most effective CIRA giving communications, it’s important to segment your donors by age. Click here for information on Sharpe Group’s Donor Data Enhancement Services.
* The strategic marketing guide is also available for no additional cost when you purchase $1,000 or more of any of the listed brochures and booklets.