Sharpe Gift Planning Library
Every donor communications plan requires informational, motivational and educational content for different types of gifts. Sharpe Group publications offer your donors up-to-date information on gift structures that may help them give more.
Our variety of publications feature numerous gift planning topics, including wills and bequests, charitable gift annuities, retirement plans, trusts and gifts of life insurance and real estate. Our library provides in-depth information and examples for donors, and some contain a special technical section for professional advisors. All Sharpe publications are reviewed regularly by experts to ensure technical accuracy.
To meet your needs, Sharpe Group has longer, comprehensive or shorter, more concise options.
Sharpe has a selection of high-quality and expertly written pre-printed publications available for quick and efficient ordering. Learn more about the titles available.
How to Use Sharpe Group Gift Planning Publications:
- As inclusions with your annual appeal letter.
- As inserts in gift acknowledgments and thank-you letters to donors.
- As follow-up information requested in response to mailings, advertisements and seminars.
- As hand-outs at seminars or special events.
- As support materials to accompany gift proposals.
- As “leave behind” pieces following personal visits with donors.
- To supply information to targeted groups of high-level donors on specific gift plans.
- In a mailing to local financial advisors.
For a more personalized touch, you can use our online platform to choose your own colors and images. Read more about personalized publications and discover further information on available options and instructions.
Looking for something that is unique to your organization? Talk to us about producing a custom publication using your branding. Read more about custom publications and find out what Sharpe Group has created for other organizations.
How Often Should Planned Giving Materials Be Sent Out?
Printed planned giving materials should be utilized on a regular basis, based on your mission, donor demographics, current communication strategies and fundraising needs, among other things.
It’s also important to include planned giving content as a part of your year-end communications, to help prepare individuals planning major gifts or charitable contributions for tax deduction purposes.
When Is the Best Time of Year to Send Planned Giving Materials?
The most strategic time of the year depends on the nature of your mission. However, you’ll want to make sure that you’re actively sharing educational information a few times a year about the best ways to give a charitable gift. Traditionally, spring and fall are good times to send planned giving materials to prospective donors.
Remember to keep in mind your target audience. You may need to use different educational content based on audience segments, such as major gift donors, long-term contributors and lapsed donors.
What Should Your Planned Giving Materials Include?
Planned giving materials that you use in donor communications, such as brochures, newsletters and booklets, should include pertinent information to help make giving options understandable and easy for potential donors. While the specifics of this will vary greatly from one charity to another, the following tips can be helpful:
- Your planned giving materials should provide instructions about how to request more information or make a charitable gift.
- The materials should emphasize your charity’s mission and goals.
- Your materials should include imagery that helps readers understand your mission and how their support will help. It should especially make it clear to readers who to contact specifically and how to contact you to discuss options that are best for them.
Planned giving materials can be a great way to keep your organization on the minds of prospective donors as well as the loyal donors you already have. For more ideas about how to use brochures to grow your donor list or to inquire about our mailing services, contact us at 800.342.2375 or moc.tenEPRAHS@ofni.
Are my publications up to date?
Publication Order Form
Digital artwork submission guidelines.
Request publications samples.
Sign up to receive a username and password for personalized publications.