Sharpe Group Charitable Giving SUMMIT
January 17-19, 2024
Spend three days with some of the most respected experts in the field of strategic gift planning. This planned giving training is ideal for those who are new to planned giving, while offering a “refresher” for more experienced fundraisers. We’ll explore the essential components of a successful gift planning program, offer a comprehensive examination of gift planning tools, explain the tax considerations of gifts of assets and present a wholistic view of fundraising strategies and tactics. You’ll enjoy interactive role playing, case studies, networking and more.
Do you wish that your board and top management “understood” the intricacies of planned giving and charitable giving? We’ve got some perfect sessions designed for them. Invite them to join you in Orlando!
What You’ll Learn
You’ll discover proven strategies of proper cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and how these relate to communications and data. Learn the latest tips and techniques to identify and close more planned and major gifts from our experienced consultants.
Day 1 Highlights
- Assessing where your organization is in its philanthropic journey.
- An update on giving legislation by Sara Barba, cofounder of Integer, a nonprofit legislative lobbying firm (virtual).
- Discussion of gift annuities and bequests, including examples of their use.
- Best use of current and deferred gifts blended to achieve donor goals.
- Networking opportunities with participants.
Day 2 Highlights
- Deep dive into charitable trusts and their many uses.
- Developing better listening skills.
- Review of 2023 tax changes by Kathy Sperlak, JD, editor of Sharpe Group’s Charitable Gift Tax Service (virtual).
- Building and implementing a plan utilizing your existing data and staff to maximize your organization’s ability to achieve long-term success.
Day 3 Highlights
- Metrics and measurement to ensure you are delivering best practices.
- Ethics, policies and procedures best practices.
- How excellent stewardship leads to the Ultimate Ask.
Early Bird Rate: Available through December 17, 2023
- $1295 for any registrant from an organization.
- $1495 for any registrant from an organization.
Hotel and Travel Information
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando-Disney Springs Resort Area. Ph: 407-934-1000.
- Group Rate: $169/night.
- Group Rate Cutoff: December 17, 2023.
Please note: Hotel rate is extended throughout the weekend, and there are admission discounts to the different parks. Check with the hotel to learn more.